Two questions that’s been popping up in my inbox and twitter stream often is – “Ken, which blogs do you subscribe to and how do you find time to read them all? Questions that I often wonder myself about others.
I personally subscribe to blogs that give me value in my life. People subscribe to blogs for different reasons. I’ve found the value I get in return is most important to me.
If I haven’t read a blog or found value in a couple months I unsubscribe and transfer my attention else where.
I’ve read about people subscribing to 100 plus blogs, which I find crazy. I don’t know how you can keep track of all the data coming in.
Early every morning I grab a nice cup of coffee and sit down in front of google reader. I admit I’m a scanner but I usually read at least the first part of the article. If I find myself bored or the article doesn’t interest me I archive and move on.
If I end up reading the entire article but it was just ok, yet again I archive and move on. I only share articles that I feel added value to myself and possible others.
Alongside google reader I use Hootsuite. I plug all the articles I enjoyed into Hootsuite publisher. This allows me to schedule them throughout the day. I do this so I don’t overkill all of my followers’ streams.
My goal is to have the most valuable content I can handle come to me without having to go on a time-consuming journey to find it. I then share this beneficial content with others in the easiest, most efficient way.
Below you will find some popular blogs and some you might not have heard of. I’m not going to go into detail about them. Read some of their articles and see if it might be something for you.
- In Over Your Head by Julien Smith
- ZenHabits by Leo Babauta
- ViperChill by Glen Allsopp
- The Blog of Tim Ferriss by Tim Ferriss
- Seth’s Blog by Seth Godin
- The Nate Green Experience by Nate Green
- Think Traffic by Corbett Barr
- Corbett Barr’s Blog by Corbett Barr
- Illuminated Mind by Jonathan Mead
- The Blog of Impossible Things by Joel Runyon
- In Space We Trust by Manuel Loigeret
- The Minimalists by Joshua Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus
- ConversionXL by Peep Laja
- The Unlost by Therese Schwenkler
- Unbridled Existence by Chase Night
- The Panamerican by Mark Robertson
- The Friendly Anarchist by Fabian Kruse
- Goins Writer by Jeff Goins
- The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau
- Andrew Caldwel’s Blog by Andrew Caldwel
- J. D. Bentley’s Blog by J.D. Bentley
- Life is Limitless by Caroline Leon
- Escaping the 9 to 5 by Maren Kate
- Michael Hyatt’s Blog by Michael Hyatt
- Rogue Priest by Drew Jacob
- Disrupting the Rabblement by Niall Doherty