Yesterday, December 4th was my 30th Birthday. Yes, I’ve heard it all weekend. I’m old, my hip and knees are about to give out, my speed is slowing down little by little, and the weight will be sneaking up on me now more than ever.
I feel better than ever and look forward to the next 30 years of my life.
All weekend I’ve been looking back at my years going through my head of all the great memories and lessons learned. The good, the bad, and the “never will I forgets”.
I’ve learned a great deal over the last 30 years through experiments, reading, and connecting with some amazing people; some of those people through this blog, Thank You!
Joshua and Ryan of The Minimalists wrote two amazing posts when they turned 30. 30 Life Lessons From 30 Years and 30 More Life Lessons from 30 Years. They both did an amazing job which I’m sure I couldn’t match.
I will give you this though. Below you’ll find my favorite 30 blog posts that I’ve read this year.
(Chase Night and Ev Bogue were included, but they decided they wanted to delete their articles so I couldn’t link to them.)
To the power of getting old.
- The Brief Guide to Sucking at Life by Julien Smith
- What’s Your Start-up’s “Bus Count”? 7 Myths of Entrepreneurship and Programming by Tim Ferriss
- How to Really Build Backlinks and Dominate Google by Glen
- Do you act or react? by Manuel Loigeret
- Why deviants are more important than gurus by Mark Robertson
- Life Isn’t Fair: So Why Play by the Rules? by Maren Kate
- Stop Apologizing for Your Art by Jeff Goins
- Why Your College Degree Doesn’t Mean Sh** by Therese Schwenkler
- The Complete Guide to Not Giving a F*ck by Julien Smith
- One Weird Way to Get a Larger Audience by Jeff Goins
- Last Man Walking by Fabian Kruse
- How To Setup Google Calendar On Your iPhone 4 by Michael Hyatt
- Nice People Don’t Change The World by Joel Runyon
- Qualifications by Chris Guillebeau
- Worker Bees & Coffee Cups by Andrew Caldwell
- Taking Your Own Advice Is the Hardest Pill to Swallow by Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus
- How I Rescued a Woman (I Think, I Hope) by Drew Jacob
- On the Future of Books: A Discussion with Seth Godin by Leo Babauta
- 5 Ways To Make More Time to Read by Michael Hyatt
- The Best Way to Solve a Problem: Give Up by Jonathan Mead
- Rewrite the Rules by Corbett Barr
- How Business School Killed the Entrepreneur (and some worthy alternatives) by Scott Dinsmore
- My Biggest Secret by Niall Doherty
- A New Way of Training – 1 Minute’s by Chris
- For the Guys Who Don’t Work Out (400 Word Rant) by Nate Green
- The Ultimate Warrior Challenge by Nate Green
- No Amount of Caffeine Can Motivate You Above a Great Idea by Benjamin Spall
- 8 Ways to Organize Your Life with Google Docs by Jenny Blacke
- My 36 Jobs – The Secret Art of Choosing Well (and it’s not always wisely) by Dusti Arab
- WordPress SEO: The Only Guide You Need by Glen
I started a Facebook page as an experiment for this blog. When you have a chance stop over there and hit the like button for me.