When something tragic happens in your life your mind goes a thousand different directions.
It doesn’t matter if it’s personal or business, you can’t stop thinking about it and you don’t know what to do. You find yourself going in circles and getting nowhere trying to solve the problem(s) or dealing with the issue(s) that is out of your hands at the moment.
You have already sat around and thought about the scenario a hundred times; what you should have or could have done but it’s to late now. We have all been here at least once in our lives and the feeling is horrible.
Naturally two things occur, we continue to sit there and dwell or we start to keep ourselves busy and try not to worry about the situation that is killing us inside.
The bottom line is, do what makes you happy and stop sitting around being depressed about something that is out of your control. On top of what makes you happy, I would like to add it should be something that is productive that gets you out of your stand still state.
Here are 7 tips that help me in times like these:
- Read an inspiring book or a novel you really enjoyed in the past
- Write your thoughts down and express yourself
- Exercise is a great way to let go of some stress and make you feel good about yourself
- Have lunch with a friend or family member and catch up on old times
- Leave and get out of your normal routine and take a weekend get away. Doesn’t have to be far or expressive
- Give your time to help others, participate in a charity event
- Walk the dog and play with your kids
I felt it was important to also include what not to do.
- Don’t go out and get drunk every night
- Don’t just sleep all day and night
- Don’t take it out on loved ones and other people close to you that are not involved
Everyone deals with events differently. The main goal is to learn how to deal with them that works the best with you.
How do you deal with tragic events in our life? Please leave your comments in the comments section. I would love to hear how you deal with tragic events in your life.